View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #24
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolasmom1211 View Post
My male, Harley, was having episodic diarrhea and terrible problems last year when I took him to Texas A&M to see if they could possibly find the problem. They, too, thought it was a bacteria overgrowth and/or food allergy. They put him on Tylan powder and Royal Canin HP prescription food. He has not had a problem since. He is not allowed any treats because we are not sure what has caused it. We tried to cut back on the Tylan after 3 months, to every other day, but he had a bout of loose stools so we started him back on the daily dose. I think he will be on it for life. He will not take it on food or mixed in with food. It has to be in a capsule and Texas A&M compounds it and mails it to me in tiny, tiny capsules. He also takes a tiny amount - 100 capsules are about $86.00. - so a little less than $30.00/ month and well worth it. If you have a vet hospital near you, have your vet call the prescrition in to them or to Texas A&M if Taycie won't take the powder. Good Luck!!!

Thank you for the info! Taycie's bloodwork was sent to Texas A&M but I didn't even think they would put it into capsules as well. If eyeballing doesn't work I will have to look into this!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!