View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
bellemarie
YT 500 Club Member

Actualy a young puppy will almost certainly nip your children if you let them play unattended;and a poorly bred/raised puppy could cause disaster if you do not completely supervise (which is a must anyways for the puppys safety).
I would never get a puppy shipped unles it was completely unavoidable- I'd like to get a parti one day, but will travel to us to meet my chosen breeder Pre litter, then return to bring her home; I know that sounds a little excessive on air fees, but I've read so many terrible things about sick puppies being delivered, I personally wouldn't risk it... And with the kids, I would sugest that you try not to risk it either.
Have you contacted the ytca? Would deffinately ne worth a shot!
As chodges says, meet the parents, talk to the breeders- they should know their breed and dogs inside out, should ask you as many questions as you ask them (which should be a fair few) and if you don't feel 110% comfy with them, walk away- so probably better to met the breeder without the children 1st, then let the breeder met them...
Good luck in your search- you'll have to keep us updated!
And welcome to yorkietalk!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!