View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
It's not going to hurt to rotate if you switch slowly every time even between flavors and the pup doesn't have GI issues. Also, for those who do rotate, some protein sources should be avoided in case one day you need them for elimination diet trials.

Rotating is not necessary. If a dog is predisposed to food allergies, they will probably get them anyway when you continuously rotate back to the old flavors. I don't see any particular need to do it, so for my dogs I don't.
Thank you for your response. I am thinking with the allergy problems with chicken maybe it is best if I don't rotate her food right now.That is what we have been told in the past so that we have some choices left if she continues to develop more food allergies. It is just recently that they seem to be recommending that we rotate her food so that she doesn't get a chance to develop a new allergy. They told us that by rotating her food before another allergy gets a chance to develop she is on another protein. I've never had a dog with food allergies before so I am confused and feel a little helpless to know what is best for her. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!