Thread: Please help!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
bonthomas
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry

I posted a reply about 45 mins ago, but apparently I had been somehow logged out and it had to go thru the moderator. (just now realized I was logged out). I did apply for Care Credit yesterday and was denied. The vet hosp said that if I surrender him, they will treat him and then will rehome him either thru someone in their office or thru a rescue center (who will most likely pay the costs). I just think it's horrible that no-one can help me with this. When my kids were little, if they had an emergency, I took them to the ER, signed a release and promise to pay and sent the hosp $100 a month until it was paid. Now, Walter (my baby!) is sick and nobody will help me without me giving him up. It's stupid! This is only the 4th time EVER that he has been sick. I was always able to pay for his care up front - as required, and now, after 9 years of being with the same vet, they won't help me. I have called other vets today, and because we would be a new patient, they won't help financially either. I even offered to give my car to them. Does anybody know of something else to help him poop??? I am going to the store in a few minutes to get Karo Syrup and mineral oil. If one doesn't work, I will try the other, I guess. I am also going to attempt to express his anal glands and see if that helps. I am just out of options at this point. He has cataracts and what my vet called 8 months ago "a tiny tumor" on his eyelid. He is getting older and crabby and also has a tendency to snap at someone if they try to take him out of my arms. Probably not adoptable to anyone else. I am the only mommy he has ever known and I love him as much as I love my birth children. I just cant get a vet to help me! And I'm sorry, maybe I am selfish, but giving him up isnt an option for me.
bonthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!