View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
bWY39
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Is this going too far for Christmas

I have recently undergone a major surgery procedure returning home three days ago.
I was told to be as active as possible so I made up a plan for tonight intending to bring a smile to children's faces.

I called ten of my younger friends all who have kids still in full belief of Santa.

I told them I have a Santa outfit and was going to dress up and walk the streets where they live.
If the children leave a note on the door I would collect it and move on.
The rule given was that

nobody was allowed to attempt to talk to Santa
Nobody should be seen by Santa

I went on to say that if a person or child was seen by Santa he would go away and not return and not collect his letter.

My idea was to collect all the letters bring them home and write things on them like -

"I know we have one of these left, please make sure it is on my sleigh for ( childes name).

I then give the letter back to the parents who are to leave it crumpled on the floor near the child's gift.

The hope is that the child will obviously know they saw Santa collect it so Santa must have dropped it when he visited to leave the gift.

Doing the rounds was so much fun.

One child opened the window shouting "HI SANTA".
I moved away and she shouted in desperation......

"Santa please don't leave I will hide again"

One parent told me of her little daughter wetting herself in sheer excitement.

Another family told me about a little boy saying he loved Santa so much he wanted to go away with him and could he give me a mince pie.

I had an amazing hour of so much fun and never spoke to a single person but listening to the stories on my return home made it all worth while.

One really nice story was of a child telling her mother that she always thought Santa was a lot "thicker".....I just hope she meant "Fatter"....

I would like to hear of any other stories like this which may give me ideas for next year.

bWY39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!