View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
3dogsmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks everyone. I did not consult anyone when I started doing it. I know this isnt complete nutrition because it is only chicken, white rice, and though I put vegetables in it (like beans and carrots) they pick around the vegies. My vet said they would need a calcium supplement and a multi vit as well as fish oil though Ive been feeding this way for about 3 years and they never told me this before. I have mentioned several times what I was feeding them and they never said anything until I asked specific questions after the bout with the allergies. So I have made the decision to change to dog food. To tell the truth, while I think home feeding can be very good if you are willing to invest alot of time in it, Ive realized with a full time job and 3 kids, I dont have the time to do it right.
So I went to a specialty pet store today and they gave me some information about various foods. I bought some Natural Balance Duck and Potato that I am going to try.
The switch back to dog food though is going slow. She refused to eat it at all today but I know if she is hungry again she will try it, right?
When she was in the hospital for the ulcers caused by the steroids for the allergies, she ate their canned food (Science Diet)which is what gave me the idea to switch. Id been wanting to do it anyways for the other reasons listed.
3dogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!