View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #30
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

It's pretty basic. Chicago is a huge metropolitian area and they have pretty straight forward laws regarding LOST pets.

City of Chicago :: Lost Pet Recovery

Lost Pet Recovery
In Chicago, only three other agencies are allowed to accept strays. Nearly half of the 24,000 animals taken in at ACC each year are strays.

Chicago agencies that take in stray animals:

Animal Care & Control

2741 S. Western Ave

(312) 747-1406

Animal Welfare League

6224 S. Wabash Ave

(773) 667-0088

Chicago's Largest Humane Society - The Animal Welfare League

APA Harmony House (Cats Only)

3809 N. Kedzie Ave

(773) 463-6667

Chicago's Harmony House for Cats - No-Kill Shelter

Treehouse (Cats only)

1212 W. Carmen Ave.

(773) 784-5488

Tree House Humane Society - Chicago No-kill Cat Adoption Shelter

Nowhere on the City of Chicago site does it say that a dog would be deemed to not be given back to the owners because of neglect from a random vet. This is just ridiculous to say the least! You posted this thread Dec 8 and it's only Dec 10th! You need to contact the proper department of the City of Chicago and TURN THIS DOG OVER! It is not yours or your "friends" to keep! He has an owner and you have made NO EFFORT in the past two days to locate the owner. My husband is in that area of Chicago on a daily basis and looked for your flyer. They are NONEXISTENT!

I have called all of the above shelters and there have been no calls reporting a found Yorkie! Turn the dog over today and allow him to go home where he belongs. This is Christmas and you are depriving a family of their pet by keeping him. I'm just beyond upset this happens and it's not the first time either!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!