View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
maci_mace
YT 500 Club Member

Tiny, Teacup, & Toy size... red flag, there are only Yorkshire Terriers. No such think as a Tiny Yorkie, Teacup Yorkie, and/or Toy Size Yorkie. AKC standard: 7lbs and UNDER! Any small yorkie is just a yorkie.

Tiny Snout, Tiny Bitty Body, Thick Coat... again red flag. Yorkies ideally should be 4-7lbs and study with a snout that is neither too long and rat like or too short and pug like. Also, I wouldn't call a yorkies coat thick, unless it's cottony. I would just call it silky.

They mention many times how POPULAR the breed is. No yorkie breeder is happy about how over bred and popular they have become. My breeder wishes the market would slow down because she's sad/mad/frustrated with all the BYB's.

I know it says they have show champion bloodlines, but as to see a pedigree and look at where the ch. are in the line. Most likely not in the 1st or 2nd generation.

On the about us page they say "Yorkies can come in Super Tiny, Micro, Teacup and Toy size. Again false, they only come in yorkie size. lol. and a good breeder strives for a 5-7lb female and a 4-6lb male. Sometimes 3lbs if the female is 7-8lbs.

Her yorkies are the proper colors by the standard, and she does wait 10-12 weeks for them to go home, and she has AKC papers. BUT the reasons listed above are enough for me to stay away. I hope this helped you with some guidelines when looking at websites/speaking with breeders goodluck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!