View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
3dogsmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Best food for dog with stomach, allergy issues

I posted on the other forum about the severe skin problems my baby has been having. Because of this, I started home cooking years ago. I have realized that feeding like this is not giving her adequate nutrients and I want to switch to regular dog food again. In addition to the allergies which I think are mostly enviornmental (though Im not sure) she has a very sensitive stomach (another reason I started home cooking).
I have two other dogs so I do have to think about cost but I want a high quality food. I have recently tried blue buffalo as they have eaten the dry kibble of this brand for the last 2 years. (not that they really eat much of the dry to tell the truth). Though it has not been easy to go back to dog food all but the Yorkie have switched over well. She had been slower to switch but I think I could do it if I persisted. Is this considered a good quality food or would something else be better?
All of my dogs are older too so do they need a senior formula?
Also is it good to supplement with fish oil and vitamins...my vet recommended the fish oil though Ive heard that can upset some dogs stomachs too.
3dogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!