Thread: What if . . ?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
katirob
Senior Yorkie Talker

I guess I'm one of the few that agrees with the OP. It would seem we could educate, exhort, warn, even use a strong tone when we see some of the questions and issues that often come up, without being rude. I've never been the recipient of anything harsh, but I've sure seen it and I often get a negative vibe. Often when one respondent comes down hard on a questioner, others pile on rather than adding anything useful. There's an old saying that you can catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar and I think it holds true here. Most people stop listening when they feel they're getting yelled at.

I agree that often you just want to wring the person's neck who's asking the question but what good does that do? It's clear that a lot of people don't know what they're getting into when they got a yorkie, don't have the money needed to properly care for them, etc., but by the time they come here they've already gotten the dog so we want them to learn, don't we?

I'm a relative newbie (5 months) and have learned a lot here and enjoyed stories, and pictures, but you can be sure I'll never ask a hard question. Fortunately I have a great breeder and great vet to go to, thank goodness. This can be an intimidating place.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!