Thread: Kanagroo
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
tem_sat
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Ok so my Daisy has had a very long history of food allergies and intolerances. Just when she does well on a food or food combo, something goes wrong. Liver gets angry or intestines get angry or she scratches or she bites at herself etc.

So today I did a consult with a board certified vet nutritionist as I have done in the past to see if a new diet is warranted because right now her intestines decided to be angry and she has gas and is burping on a commercial food she has otherwise been tolerating nicely. She also has some abnormal kidney issues that I wanted to address now before the issue gets ahead of us.

The recommendations were -
1. Kangaroo. --> I said, I love my dog, but kangaroo I won't do.
2. Rabbit --> See #1
3. Calamari --> Sure, I'm italian, why not, add a little olive oil and we'll all eat it.

So, after 30 mins of in depth discussion, we are going back to her home cooked diet with variation. Right now she is eating chick peas. She does best on a vegetarian diet.

She refuses to eat out of a bowl or plate! With kibble, it wasn't a big deal to let her just eat it off a placemat or even the tile floor (cleaned first of course). But chick peas? Kinda messy. Finally, she won and ate up her chick peas. I am hoping for some sleep tonight, but I know that I could face a bout of bloody diarrhea or vomiting.

I would do anything for my Daisy. Except Kangaroo. The part about it being "dark and gamey" just sealed the deal. Can't do it. There was something about someone else could cook it and I could order it, but honestly, dark and gamey got to me and I shut down.

Someone tell me kanagaroo smells wonderful to cook and I'm being silly???? I know that the chick pea thing might not work, and I might have to cave. I can't even stand to look at lamb or dark meat turkey.

Ugh.
You are being silly! Try it! It can't be worse than tripe! If it works for your Yorkie, it's more than worth it.

ETA Rabbit is no big deal. Much like chicken but with far less fat.

Last edited by tem_sat; 12-09-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!