View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Omg Woopsie Wrong Measuring Spoon

I can't believe I did this. I am laughing 'cause there's no point in crying in the dough. After you read my delima, post your own baking booboo's.

Well, I decided to try out a Paula Deen cookie recipe - I "married" her Southern Tea Cake recipe with her Mexican Wedding Cooke recipe by adding the finely chopped pecans and will sprinkle with XXX Sugar after I take them out of the oven. The Tea Cake recipe uses 4 cups flour so I know it makes a pile of cookies, a BIG pile. So I measured and sifted the flour and baking soda and baking powder, added the butter, buttermilk, pecans and eggs; grabbed the "teaspoon" (same one that I had used for the baking soda and powder) to measure the vanilla and realized that the "teaspoon" was actually a TABLESPOON! Needless to say I went . It was either triple the recipe or toss it all. So, I now have over 10 lbs. of cookie dough to chill, roll out, cut out and bake.

Its a good thing that the recipe is good -- I baked a test cookie. Anyone for Paula Deens Southern Pecan Tea Cakes? How about an all night cookie baking party
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!