View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

The Crazy club was started here because of that topic. In the early days of YorkieTalk, people would criticize each other for dressing their dogs, and the Crazy Club is for any member who thinks its ok for people to dress their Yorkies, you don't have to do it, you just can't think others are crazy if they do so! Anyone is welcome to join. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/groups/crazy-club.html. Truthfully, I use to think people dressed up their dogs because they wanted attention, but Joey's breeder explained to me, that Yorkies don't have fur like most breeds, and have a single hair like humans. That means they have no undercoat to keep them warm in the winter or cool in the summer, and it's up to us, to protect them. Now, of course, I look for more than just warmth when I buy something, I think some of the clothes are adorable, and if this pleases you I see nothing wrong with it. I do think it's important that you look for clothes that are comfortable, and well fitting, and if you're dog doesn't move while wearing it, don't make him wear it except for photos! The topknot is another thing all together, because they are a long hair breed, it gets the hair out of their eyes, and it part of the way standard calls for them to look when they compete in a dog show, but why would someone think this is abusive?

Join today and remove this ad!