Thread: Breeding
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #10
carmen in nj
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

I might get a bad name here but for the sake of your bitch here it goes...
FIRST... put aside about $3,000.00 for a posible C-section
with that said..Oviously you don't know anything about whelping, yes that comes after breeding. Your bitch can become pregnant with ONE tie,Knowledable breeders breed their bitches ONE time a day,or you will depleat the males sperm count with multiples in one day. then to make sure if male is available they mate them again two days later.I ALWAYS help my pair and hold them thru the tie, so my bitch don't go crazy on the male and hurt him. specially with maiden YOUNG bitches like yours.Never breed before second Season, but too late for YOURS..
here is some sites so you can READ and get to know more or less what to do ..
1. Dog Breeding and Canine Reproduction by Debbie Jensen. Dog Breeding and Whelping guide for dog breeders.
READ and RE READ this site
2. Familiarize yourself with the Whelping process and start buying the NECESSARY supplies ( about $175.00 or more )
a). Dog Pregnancy Supplies | Puppy Newborn Care Products | Revival Animal Health

3. Find a QUIET WARM place to place the whelping box
4.Get the Whelping Box ready... NO NEWSPAPER or cardboard boxes PLEASE..
a rubbermaid container with a doorway cut out is perfect, bleach it and clean it prior to let your bitch use it, get her used to the box with time, don't wait until she starts looking on her own for a place to have her babies...
5. Good food and higene is a MOST while she is pregnant.
6. ASK Questions, THE LIFE OF YOUR GIRL IS IN YOUR HANDS... SHE CAN DIE ON THEM, SO PLEASE ASK YOUR VET ANY QUESTIONS THAT WILL COME TO YOU MIND,
7. Go to the BREEDERS section, you are a breeder whether you like the tittle or not,
get familiar with lingo and procedures.
8. Good luck.. your bitch is going to need it... she is young and you are not experience..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!