View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default question

My girls who are about 5 to 6 weeks and on are not free to run the house. They are allowed freedom, but not with a group. I have seen too many breeders have injured moms, dead moms, lost fetuses when someone turned on the pregnant dog...as much as we love these wonderful Yorkies, they can be killers. They will sense when one is weaker and for no apparent reason they can decide to bite them or worse.

My Yorkies have never had the run of the yard either..they have always had a fenced play yard with in a fenced yard. Knowing a lot of breeders, I have heard dozens of awful stories...so mine live a "clostered" life, unless I am with them..no one stays outside alone..hawks were a terrible problem in MD..now frogs and creepy things are a problem here in Florida.

When I had Doxies it was different..they were hounds! LOL I never worried for a minute about a 10 pound Doxie staying outside unattended for an hour..nothing ever happened to them..they ate birds, mice, mushrooms, got strung by bees, beat each other up ..and came away without a scratch..

Last edited by YorkieRose; 01-13-2006 at 01:40 PM.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!