View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
arlfoster
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New Introduction!

I want to introduce myself and tell our story. We have had a terrible ordeal. We bought two 7 week old female Yorkies ( 24.5 oz and 23 oz) from a breeder Nov 1st. Bought them on a Sat. and fell head over heels in Yorkie Love! My 2 teenage daughters were in heaven. One of the puppies would not eat, thought it was just to the new environment and the move. I syringe fed her on the Sat. and Sun. and she was very weak and would not move around. When we bought them, we were told they were healthy and calm sweet puppies. I took both babies to our VET on Mon. morning. He examined them and told me that one girl had a huge heart murmur, elevated heart rate and ear mites. He suggested I call the breeder and return the puppy ASAP. Told me to take the puppy to the breeder before she died in my care. The 2nd baby also had a very slight heart murmur which the VET said could be normal and she also had ear mites. He spoke with the breeder and she agreed to meet me and take the puppy back. I drove 50 miles to immediately return the puppy. We kept the other little girl and made her ours. The next 2 weeks she was well, ate and played like she should and we were smitten. She started with a cough and I took her again to the VET and she was dx. with Kennel Cough. Since she had never left our home, the VET said she probably was exposed at the breeders. She seemed to be doing so well with the cough and played and ate great. Then, the unthinkable happened. The Sun.after Thanksgiving she started having difficulty breathing. Mon. AM we took her to the VET and she was said to have advanced pneumonia. She stayed at the VET hospital on IV fluids, O2 and antibiotics from Monday morning to when she passed away on Wednesday night. We are so heart broken you can't imagine the pain we are feeling. The VET said she was just too little to overcome the pneumonia. After paying for two Yorkie female puppies and several VET visits and then the hospitalization we have spent over $2000, I could have bought a Show Quality Yorkie for the money spent. I found this site while researching Yorkie illnesses. I know I should have been more knowledgeable before purchasing such tiny little things but we where all in PUPPY LOVE! I am looking for another Yorkie as I have wanted one since first seeing a Yorkie almost 25 years ago. I just wanted to tell my story, I know it is not a pleasant introduction. I am trying to find an honest, truthful breeder to help us find our Yorkie.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!