View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Default Question about Rotating Food

Several people at pet stores and boutiques have been recommending that I rotate Daisy's diet because she seems to have a chicken allergy. They are telling me that changing the protein will help prevent her getting allergies to other proteins. What do you think about this?

I am feeding her Blue Buffalo Lamb and Rice dry. She has been eating it with no problems for a couple of years now. I would be rotating between other Blue Buffalo flavors. Do you have to mix the new flavor in with the old and change over gradually, or is it ok to change flavors abruptly when one bag is used up? I bought a couple of selections of canned BB food and mixed it in with the dry and she liked it. One was salmon and one was stew.

Daisy seemed to have some little tummy issues lately (rumbling) and I have been putting probiotics on her food and given her canned plain pumpkin. The rumbling seems to be gone since she has been getting pumpkin.

I also heard that yogurt is good for tummy issues. Is plain Greek yogurt ok?

She is also asking to go outside frequently to graze on "bunny munchies".
I don't know if this is because of something lacking in her diet or she just likes the bunny munchies.

Thanks for any responses.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!