View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

I tried using Frontline for fleas and ticks on the cats last year and while we had no flea problem I was still finding fully engorged ticks on them so apparently the tick preventative part of it was useless. I did not use the advantix on Gracie because I didn't think ticks would be an issue with her. Most of the ticks I have taken off her had not fully engaged into her skin but two did.
The old information I did find on the lyme vaccine was stating that it was making dogs sick. This information was from 1999 so I imagine what ever the problem was should have been addressed by now. Gracie is up to date on all her shots so I would not be doing it along with anything else. I think I may wait until next spring and consider it again then. I do believe it would be better to prevent a disease than wait until someone gets it to treat it. Symptoms can sometimes be undetected in an animal until the disease has advanced to a more complicated and painful state since they cannot always tell us what they are feeling. It's a hard decision and I need more facts before I decide. I think I will call my vet and ask her what kind of results she has had with it and hope she will be honest with me.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!