View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #13
betterthanlife
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Ha ha your title is funny, I don't know if I'd want a "normal" breeder, I wanted a good one, actually a great one, who loved the breed. Really great breeders get dozens of calls and expect you to have done your homework. They aren't going to sell to just anyone, you are adopting their babies, not just buying a dog. They want to ensure that their dog has a permanent stable home. So many people rehome their dogs when their lifestyle changes. So don't be put off too quickly, you're not really looking for a salesman are you?
I guess by "normal" I was wanting someone who was not pompous - who would answer questions without getting defensive - and who I felt was out for the best interest of their dogs - and who was sincere. I just assumed "show" breeders were all very concerned about their dogs. In my opinion, they don't seem to care all that much. It is shocking to me, how easily they are willing to "re-home" an older dog, when it is of no use to them anymore. I cannot reconcile this behavior with a person who cares about their dogs. They seem to have more of a "freaky" obsession with the "game" and the dog becomes secondary. I have talked to many of them. No one can convince me otherwise.

Last edited by betterthanlife; 12-05-2011 at 05:02 PM.
betterthanlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!