View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Since the shih tzu puppies will be born next week you will have time to work with your male yorkie. Try to either go to doggie classes so he can get better socialized or dog parks if your comfortable with that . Reward him when he behaves , don't pick him up when he is naughty , ignore him or turn him around and walk the other direction. Choose a female puppy when the time is right, i have heard that males/female's will get along better with each other.
I also have a yorkie/and a shih tzu , she is so sweet . We love her to pieces. my yorkie does not have a problem with her , but we had Suzi a whle year before bringing hom our shih tzu , the Shi tzu is more mild mannered then our yorkie , and has even learned things from our yorkie . Suzi our yorkie is now 3 1/5 and Miely our shih tzu is 2 1/5 . I think that since your shih Tzu is going to be a little puppy and your yorkie is a adult he may not be so aggressive/jealous of the pup.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!