View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #14
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Also had a good chat with the BF today,

I've decided I am definitely going to go ahead with it, and he helped me pick a few options.

First we think I may be able to get orthodontic coverage under his insurance when he gets it in Februrary, so if I need to wait until then, I will if I can guarentee even a little bit is covered. (going to call tomorrow)

The only thing the bf said was he would want us to have a lawyer draft up a pre-nump type document between us, cause if we are actually going to claim as common law, he has a lot of money (inheritance) and I understand his want to protect that.

Also he did tell me he would be willing to offer me a loan that is slightly more attractive than the bank. He said he'd do the same interest rate as the bank but 3 months interest free/no payments grace period, and he'd require a 100 minimum monthly payment, increasing that minimum in 36 months if I'm not paid off. He'd give me the full amount up front so that I can pay off my credit card and the braces all in one swing

I guess it's funny, but we're one couple that isn't going to end up like those on judge judy... we always write stuff down and contract between ourselves. lol He laughed (he's in finance) and said lending to me would be a more attractive investment than some of his stocks, cause he knows I wont default, which is nice at least.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!