View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 03:31 AM   #10
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Be so careful when being treated for TMJ. Treatment is expensive and so many different schools of thought as to what works and what does not.

Get a third and fourth opinion before you spend $8000. If the pain is bad enough - people will do ANYTHING to make it better. Some less than stellar dentists, oral surgeons, etc will prey on this ~ but you've probably already figured that out.

That's just my own opinion as a TMJ sufferer myself with numerous visits to various oral surgeons, dentists, ENT's, etc.

Best of luck.
Yes I was thinking of getting another opinion besides these, but in addition to it I've also spoke withe surgeon who did the surgery that didn't work and the options which this second guy mentioned were also among the things he said we'd try if the pain didn't go away.

I like this guy because he didn't just wanna fix my teeth, he also suggested a surgery which will fix the asymmetry, which is making everything a lot worse.The first guy I saw pretty much said, for $9000 I'll make the pain go away, end of discussion. They didn't even show me pictures of my mouth, they showed me other ppl's pictures. This second guy explained my xrays, took my pictures and gave me a 2 hour anatomy less. I learned a lot about what's causing a lot of my problems, and he pretty much showed me exactly where ever cent is going, which I felt far more comfortable with. My boyfriend also used this guy, and recommended him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!