View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
Unfortunately it does seem to be mainstream for people to be unaware how to buy a pet, what to ask and from where-there, well then again I am in California, is a gross misconception that buying a micro-mini dog from a web site is better than getting one from rescue or a show breeder-why because of all the online propaganda from these sites and when people go looking for a dog they more often than not look online to research-thankfully there is Yorkietalk...there should also be a "______"Talk for every other breed out there as well.

I actually argued with a woman that her ordered from online micro-mini dog didn't really come from the best breeder (who breeds hundreds of dogs so they sure know what they are doing...they were more concerned about health of her dog than conformity to those silly standards-yet she was strictly instructed to give her puppy antibiotics when it arrived via cargo-was told to always put Karo in it's drinking water, @ 8 weeks old it was determined to be breeding quality, would max out at about 2 pounds, if it died she'd get up to 2 replacement pups-oh and they were so great they gave her a beautiful rhinestone collar & matching leash to walk it on...
It was actually AKC registered not CKC, but still WTH!
All she had to do was pay with paypal in full & they'd send her via email a choice of flights, dates to pick it up from the airport...
Wow what a story! Yeah, I've posted a million times to not buy a dog from a website, but that is still highly controversial, and not many people even here agree with me. The problem most people don't realize, is that if a breeder sells to a pet store, they have to at least pass some standards written by the USDA, but if a breeder sells over the web, they need no license and don't need to be inspected by anybody. These breeders are under the same veil as those small breeders who sell directly to the problem, and it was thought the public would check out the breeding conditions, but this is not true if they are buying over a website. If a breeder is a member here, most people don’t bother checking out the breeding conditions and have no idea how many dogs the breeder actually sells each year. I've had breeders here argue with me saying that they are a good breeder and the PayPal on their is just a benefit for their “customers”. Anyway, it's easier to find factual information on buying a dog from a good breeder than it was 5 years ago, so if someone wants to find the information, it shouldn't be too hard, and thats a good thing!

Last edited by Nancy1999; 12-03-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!