Thread: seizures
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Angry

Take Jake to another vet immediately...or Monday

Any vet should automatically want to run blood-work, as about where he was what was going on, and they should talk to you about what and how to evaluate that he comes out of the seizure.

I would never go back to that vet again. I was told to wait & monitor seizures for my dog...after multiple testing, evaluations, emergency visits where vet got out of bed in the middle of the night & ensured they fully explained & I fully understood what to check for, do, how to evaluate, and when Elvis would need to be rushed in...true at first I wasn't given meds just told to monitor, but still tests were done repeatably & vet insisted I bring him in regularly & always in an emergency-I was just upset after all that I had to keep a diary & monitor feeling very helpless.

I'd be livid if I were you. Your situation could easily be due to a toxic substance having been ingested and your dog could have needed emergency treatment for it to end the seizures-seizures are a symptom of something they are not a diagnosis.

If the response was just over the phone keep track with no blood-work, no in person evaluation that vet isn't worth the paper their diploma is printed on!

Last edited by concretegurl; 12-03-2011 at 10:04 AM.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!