View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Bobbiowens
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Maybe this will help....

We got Sunny when she was 8 weeks old ( i know...i know....i was uneducated on that aspect). When we got home I had all the paraphanelia (sp?) one would need for a Yorkie puppy, including pee pee pads. I used them in her crate but decided to not use them in the traditional way. I had done that before and for me it just seemed that it reinforced to the other dog to just pee by the door. i made the commitment to take her out 10-15 mins after EVERY meal, after every nap, and after every couple of hours. We have three other dogs and hoped that they would teach her to urinate outside.....their scent and watching them...being the best teachers. Whenever any of the other dogs go outside she does too. Well she is now almost 12 weeks (this comimg Thursday) and I can she she is 80% house trained. So I guess being dilegent about taking her out OFTEN has done the trick. She has access to food and water 24/7. Just some thoughts about the whole "potty thing". She now goes to the back door and lets us know when she has to "go". But we will still keep up the same schedule until she has no accidents or they become very few and far between.

Bobbi

Last edited by Bobbiowens; 12-02-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Bobbiowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!