View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Jennyms319
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Really need to Vent!!!

Hi, I normally don’t post much but I really need to vent!! My7 year old rescue Hope just died on Thanksgiving night. She was Heartworm positive when we got her inAugust. She received one of the last Immiticide vials in our area. She had lots of complications after thetreatment and it was very hard on her. Anyways the vet who gave her the treatment was wonderful but the officemanagement was very lacking in sensitivity and common sense. We paid $350 forthe treatment which involved an injection and then 24 hours later anotherinjection plus blood work and overnight stay, then a visit 1 month later for justthe doc to look at her, and then a 6 month follow up for a vet check along withblood work. The payment was set up for3 payments of like $116 one for each visit. We paid $116 when we dropped heroff the first time and then the next day paid the rest when we pick her up Igot a receipt that said paid in full. That next month we went in we were told to pay $235. I told her we arepaid in full and instead of looking at the chart or record or whatever they useshe questioned me. Finally looked down at the paper right there by her and magicallyit was paid in full. One of the other receptioniststried to answer medication questions with" I think she (the doctor) meant”and would not even go ask to make sure. That makes me very mad!! This Monday I called to let them know thatHope had died and that I would like to see about a refund for the 6 month follow up that she nolonger needed. And she says in the most chipper/condescending tone ever” oh I'mso sorry what did she die of “I said complications from the heartworm treatment.“Well did you take her to the er vet" I said no she died while our vet wason the phone with us instructing us on how to give her CPR. The doctor calls me later explaining how theywere not at fault so a refund was not warranted. I agreed with her and saidthat I did not expect a full refund but only for the services that would not beprovided. (She was very kind and caringthe whole time) Then she says she was sorry for the confusion the message shegot was that I wanted a full refund!!! I just want to pull my hair out!!!

Our vet that Hope had been seeing In our town also very nice! And coincidently happened to be the husband to the other vet . Has the samekind of Staff. I mean really when you leave the vets office what do younormally go do??? Uhhh pay??? I go and stand at the desk to pay and forabout 5 mins the person in front of me won’t look at me or say anything …. And that’sok I’ll wait I don’t mind that but then he says “You can have a seat I know I’mpretty but you don’t have to stand there I’ll call you up”

Really!! can people really be that rude!!

And one other timethe doctor had me follow him out of the exam room to look at some x-rays andwhen we were done we started to walk out but he was pulled aside. I went backto the exam room. I waited a good 20 mins and started wondering if I was supposedto wait there or meet him up front. (Iwasn’t mad about waiting at all I work in a dr office I understand wait times)I stuck my head out and asked his assistant if I was to go up front or waitthere and she said she would ask. I go back inside and hear her ask him… In I guess what was supposed to be my voice (ifyou know what I mean) repeat what I said. …… Big sigh. Over the past 3 months we spent over $900dollars between both places and missed lots of work to make theses visits. Anddon’t get me wrong I would do it again but can’t people have better customerservice skills if they are going to be let out in public??

Jennyms319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!