View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Here is the other perspective of why PETA euthanizes: (warning: may be too GRAPHIC for some)

Why We Euthanize | Ingrid Newkirk Blog | Blog.IngridNewkirk.com

Why We Euthanize, Part II (Warning: Graphic Photo) | peta2 Blog

Then also, it helps to read the Asilomar Accords to see how shelters/organizations decide whether or not to euthanize: Asilomar Accords Home

It's also helpful to know that Peta Kills Animals is owned and funded by the CCF (info here) -- they are a huge lobby organization who also campaigns against Mothers Against Drunk Drivers, Centers for Disease Control, the American Federation of Teachers etc etcetera. The CCF receives a huge amount of funding from the alcohol industry, tobacco, food etcetera. This is mainly why they went after MADD.

If people disagree with PETA or any other organization that helps our fellow creatures -- believe me, there a ton of other places to donate and support . PETA's mission was never to be a shelter, btw. So, it's confusing for people to see others saying PETA isn't doing "what they're supposed to"...when PETA has never intended to provide direct care to animals. Their intention/goal for animals has never been defined as a shelter, although they do end up confiscating some of the animals when on the front line of an investigation.

Anyway, always helpful to know as much as you can about any issue, no matter what it is, before passing judgment. Good discussions are made of this kind of stuff though .
i kinda figured the website was probably just as much of a political crap giant as PETA and HSUS themselves. usually anyone willing to bash another group has some kind of ulterior motives too.

i think the best thing is to support the little guys. the local rescues and shelters. your state chapter humane society. anything that's a little smaller scale. they are really on the front lines doing this day in and day out and their goals are not quite so politically tainted and they usually aren't in it for ANY profit and if there is paid positions they are city or state paid not fundraising money paid.

i know that the intention should be to protect inhumane treatment of animals, but they get lost and caught up in politcal battling and their pensions that they aren't great about sticking to the point behind it of helping innocent creatures have a better more humane treatment.

i'm against unethical farming (large corp farms that massively slaughter and cruelly kill their livestock with no respect to the animal's body or life)

and i'm against hunting just for antlers, and wasting the meat and other parts of the animal or cruely killing your prey through more than ONE clean shot Two if the first shot wasn't a kill shot. I knew people that shot 17 times for the fun of it, that is cruel, unethical hunting, and shouldn't be allowed. There is no reason to shoot an animal more than it takes to provide a clean kill. and if you cannot get a clean kill shot you don't shoot and risk injury to that animal.

and for pets i believe in strong punishments for those that abuse and hurt animals, but i sure don't believe in taking all pets away so they can live a wild and undomesticated life. releasing our yorkies into the wild as HSUS would want would kill them since they just can't survive out there on their own. they were bred to be domestic and domestic is their entire purpose in life.

that's my thoughts and opinions on it, take it or leave it.

support treating animals ethically, but don't support funding politcal giants with no realistic or well structured goals
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!