View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Here is the other perspective of why PETA euthanizes: (warning: may be too GRAPHIC for some)

Why We Euthanize | Ingrid Newkirk Blog | Blog.IngridNewkirk.com

Why We Euthanize, Part II (Warning: Graphic Photo) | peta2 Blog

Then also, it helps to read the Asilomar Accords to see how shelters/organizations decide whether or not to euthanize: Asilomar Accords Home

It's also helpful to know that Peta Kills Animals is owned and funded by the CCF (info here) -- they are a huge lobby organization who also campaigns against Mothers Against Drunk Drivers, Centers for Disease Control, the American Federation of Teachers etc etcetera. The CCF receives a huge amount of funding from the alcohol industry, tobacco, food etcetera. This is mainly why they went after MADD.

If people disagree with PETA or any other organization that helps our fellow creatures -- believe me, there a ton of other places to donate and support . PETA's mission was never to be a shelter, btw. So, it's confusing for people to see others saying PETA isn't doing "what they're supposed to"...when PETA has never intended to provide direct care to animals. Their intention/goal for animals has never been defined as a shelter, although they do end up confiscating some of the animals when on the front line of an investigation.

Anyway, always helpful to know as much as you can about any issue, no matter what it is, before passing judgment. Good discussions are made of this kind of stuff though .

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!