View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default a few pointers--

[QUOTE=betterthanlife;3743737]Thank you very much for those words. I have thought that I have been trying too hard.
I thought I would just go right to the best, and boy did I get a rude awakening. I have a sense that these "show-breeder" people do this more out of being "obsessed" than a true love for animals. I wish you the best in your search......or should I say, her search for you [/QUOTE

It's good you're taking time to talk to people. Talk to hundreds if you have to until you find the one you click with who you feel is sincere. Before you take a puppy home ask for references from customers, vets and other breeders. While I do recommend looking up YTCA members I also know an increasing number of good breeders who are not members. (I can almost hear the harpies flapping their wings.) There are some on this board I'd refer people to. Breny is one, and there are others. Look up the YTCEHB site as there may be people there in your area who have a lot of knowledge and no attitude. Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!