View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 07:17 AM   #12
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I do not measure my dogs. IMHO I think that is going to far. IMHO If you want a perfect 9 x 9 you are too picky. That is the least of the things to worry about when purchasing a puppy. I doubt if many Champions are a perfect 9 x 9.

I have had only one person ask me to measure a dog. They wanted all kinds of silly measurements- which don't mean a thing on a puppy. What I look for is proportion- long back, short back, long legs, short legs, long neck, short neck.
When you look at that mix above you can see why you don't need to take the tape measure out. With your eyes you can tell if your babies have gor the right look. When you show you try and get as close a look as you can.
This is why a certain puppy may be placed as a pet by a breeder- they feel the back is a little short or long- you get the point. The average person who buys a pet will not be able to pick this fault out. When the fault is in combination with another saya long back and short legs then it is more noticeable to the public. Breeders try and put the best forward when they go into the ring they want your praise and respect for that kid that they have produced and are proud of the breeding program that they have.
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!