View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
I would see another Vet as the wound is not the problem. It is not healing because there is an abcess related to the upper teeth on that side causing the problem. It is opening that wound up again as it is weak there, to drain. Which is lucky. If it had no where to drain the abcess or infection would build up somewhere behind the eye. I have seen this situation many many times before with different Yorkies and grooming client yorkies. And seen it once where an abcess was enclosed and was pushing the eye out of the socket. He would have lost his eye if he had not been rushed into the Vet who knew what he was looking at. He went in through the roof of the mouth and made an opening for the abcess to drain.
This can occur after a dental and teeth extracted if the abcesses didn't have time to drain before it healed over OR it can occur with an abcessed or infected tooth. It can also occur is a foreign body has gotten up into the sinuses and worked its way forward. I had this exact thing happen with my first Yorkie who swallowed a bit of spear grass, tried to cough it back up but it went up his sinuses and I didn't know, I thought he had coughed whatever it was he swallowed, back out. Caused no end of trouble but in the end it was resolved.
You need to find a Vet ASAP that knows what they are looking at.
Definitely agree... possible Carnasal tooth abcesses present as you described. I would be concerned about infection, both local and systemic, can be very serious. She really needs to be seen ASAP.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!