View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
butchpoodle
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLifetime View Post
Cody hates it too and sometimes won't potty in the rain. Unfortunately there's really only two solutions. One is to let them potty inside somewhere. The other is to keep taking them outside. That means that while they are learning the ropes, you will have to go outside with them. And sometimes keep them out there with you until they finally potty. Eventually, they'll catch on and learn to be quick to get back inside.
I'm with SweetLifetime on this one. I go out with the doglets morning, noon, and night. I sit and wait for them. If the baby (she's 13 months) doesn't do her business, we all wait. If she never does, back in the pen she goes, another chance in an hour. If she's not let loose in the house when she hasn't done her business, she can't have accidents.

In the past week, she's gotten better about getting the business done quickly (finally!) so she can go back in. Takes time. When winter came, I knew she didn't remember that kind of weather so it was all new. She's figuring it out.

We do have a small covered patio and during rain, I don't care if they potty in there. When it's not raining, it's outside everybody!!
butchpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!