Thread: bladder problem
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
redwind30
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default bladder problem

My little guy is 11 years old. He has a history of bladder stones. He has had surgery twice. The last surgery wa about four years ago. He is on special diet and meds for bladder stones and pancreatitis. Today when I got home from work I noticed the couch was wet right near where he was laying. He NEVER has accidents! I felt of him and his tummy was wet. We went out and he peed as usual. I have noticed wet tummy in the past, took urine in to be tested and the vet said he had crystals, but nothing to be concerned about. He had a ultrasound last summer just to be on the safe side and no stones showed up.

I am due to take his urine in again next week. Do you think this is a sign that the bladder stones are back? Or could it just be leakage?

If it is leakage any one have any suggestions? Do "doggie diapers work"? He is very hyper and I hate to do anything that will restrain his movement in any way; or something that could potentially cause him to hurt himself when he does all of the jumping that he does.

If the bladder stones were back would there be any other signs? Are stones life threatening?

My husband passed away 18 months ago and he was always the one to take care of our little guy; he was at home with him all day so he knew what to look for. I am really scared of making a mistake or doing /not doing something that will hurt him.

I know the next question is going to sound really gross...but, if it is leakage and it can't be "fixed" do you have any good solutions to keep my house from stinking? If I have a choice between doing something that will hurt him and having a stinky house...I guess my guests will just have to adjust to a stinky house!!

Thanks for your help
redwind30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!