View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #11
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnalegria
Not a dumb question. In some of the breeds a measurement can be done in the ring. I have yet in 30 years seen a judge take out a tape and measure a yorkie to see if they are 9 x 9. What they will look for" is the dog in proportion." When you go to a show is is clear that some dogs are taller then others.

Does he look square? This means legs and back are close to the same. They do not want to see a basset hound type- a long back and short legs. Or real long legs and a short back.

Remember the perfect dog does not exist- and never has. We all just keep striving to breed that one and only perfect one.

Thank you for explaining this to me. Ransom does look square. I can compare him to Schatzie who is very long and not so much in proportion. I have also compared him to my friends Yorkie who is smaller than Schatzie and was easier to make a comparison. Atleast both Ransom and Schatzie think they are perfect, LOL.

You are so right, there is no perfection and never will be. But it is nice to keep striving.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!