Thread: Akc, Aca
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 04:21 AM   #9
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyorkies
I personally will only register with AKC.. AKC is the reputable registry, JMHO.. I believe that some breeders have been suspended with AKC and that is why they register there dogs with other registries.. I have even heard stories of someone buying a dog on limited AKC papers and turning around and registering the dog with another registry to breed it! That is why I NEVER give the AKC puppy paperwork to the new owner until I have personally confirmed the dog has been altered!

Melanie
You are quite right. Just marking limited still gives that buyer the option of taking your baby and registering him or her elsewhere. Having the dog altered is the only safe way to go.

The AKC accepts very few other registries - other registries always accept AKC paperwork.

I do register UKC to show my dogs in addition to the AKC. I have not registered any litters as of this time under any other registry. I am also told that APRI has confirmation. I may check it out just for fun and see about doing a couple shows.

With the Pet and Paws Law I think that you will see more breeders using the other registries for their pet puppies and only using the AKC when a litter produces a male/female that you intend to show or breed. This new law opens up a lot of problems for the hobby/fancier show person. The AKC is going to make thier records available to the USDA on the number of litters that we breed and the number of dogs that we own. Only large commercial breeders are going to be able to meet the USDA requirements for breeding. This law limits the number of dogs in your home, number of litters and so forth- when you are over these numbers you are required to follow the USDA rules.

will be very interesting.
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!