Thread: Eye ulcer
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Disney71
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Eye ulcer

Hi everyone,
My Tinkerbell was diagnosed yesterday with having an eye ulcer, she was given 3 types of drops, Neo poly b 3.5gm, Atropine 3.5gm and drops Flurbiprofin 2.5ml. The first two are actual ointments. All of these are two times a day, I thought it was to much to give her but anything to make her eyes better.

She was also given hydroxyzine(2x a day) for allergies but it says it can cause 3rd eyelid??! This medication actually makes her drowsy and sleepy
In addition to that, antibiotics for an ear infection.

She's on her 2nd day of meds and I actually had to call the vet because her eyes looked green!...she assured me it's because of the atropine which dilates her pupils. Is this true?

Tink use to be on Natural Balance duck & potato and she did well on it but noticed she was not eating it anymore. We have a boxer who eats pro-plan and Tink seemed to like it alot more....big mistake! Tink started to lose hair around the eyes and hair became dull with dandruff....the vet thinks it's food allergies and recommended I put her back on Natural balance or Science Diet prescription ZD. Well I purchased NB and she wouldn't touch it, got her ZD(vet gave me an rx) and she LOVES IT!! won't stop eating it and the kibbles are not small and she eats it.

Anyways, Have any of you experienced your yorkies with an eye ulcer? Do you think she's being over-medicated?
Tink is going for a follow up this Monday morning...I'm just worried.
Disney71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!