View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Default Hawk scare today!

I took the pups for a walk this morning and when we got home we were relaxing in the back yard. Suddenly two hawks appeared out of nowhere making loud squawks and circled and swooped down. Luckily I was standing on the deck holding Daisy and I opened the door and put her in and made a dash for Teddy. Normally he would run if he was me running towards him like a mad person but he must have known something was wrong because of the racket the birds were making. I picked him up and ran for the house. As I held him on the deck I watched them circling lower and lower. As soon as I put him in the house they left. I have never been so scared. Daisy and Teddy weigh 16 pounds each but the hawks wanted them anyway. I have no doubt that Teddy Bear was their target. I have a lot to be thankful for today. I just want to put out a reminder not to leave your little ones unattended in the yard and watch for hawks. If they hadn't been making such a loud fuss, I would not have seen them coming. I have never seen a hawk around here before this summer. When I did see them earlier in the summer they were circling pretty high up. They are getting pretty bold (or hungry).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!