View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #10
erika1948
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default New poodle

Hi, just wanted to tell everyone who responded, so far so good. Gigi has been home with us now for about 10 days. She appears to be housetrained and a very sweet dog. I think she would like to be the alpha and was a little velcro/owning me for a little but as soon as I recognized it I started telling her to go into her bed. The first couple days I went to work I separated her from my yorkie, Rocky and there was a little scratching at the threshhold of my door but after leaving them alone for an hour, then a couple of hours, then four hours, then six hours, there was no more of that. I think she goes to be where he is when I am gone. Next week I will probably work the full 8 hours and I am sure they will be fine as long as she is somewhere in the vicinity of my yorkie. She is calming down quite a bit although still jumpy when I come home. I think she has some separation anxiety which is to be expected. Looks like she never really played with toys as she does not fetch - unusual for a poodle, but maybe I can teach her. Now I have a question. She was a stray, picked up by animal control a few miles from me. What if someday someone comes out of the blue and wants to claim her? This has been on my mind. No one appeared to try to find her in the two months she was "incarcerated" but she is such a lovely dog and was in relatively good shape when she was found, it's hard to believe someone didn't love her. She was found roaming with no tags or identification of any kind and was picked up one evening last August.

Last edited by erika1948; 11-24-2011 at 07:18 AM.
erika1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!