View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
Evenflo09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thanks so much 88! I will look into those! I have normally NEVER gave any of my pets raw hides, but my mom had a couple for her dog and she thought she was doing a good deed. I just rescued Mojo 3 weeks ago, and he had been chewing up the house,lol. I'm on a fixed income ( disability ) and can't afford much for him right now, so she gave me a couple of them. When my older ( 11 years ) doxie saw Mojo with one, she HAD to have one too ( and she has never chewed them as her teeth were in bad shape when I rescued her and several had to be pulled ). She managed to gnaw one, but it is NOT a mistake I will be making anytime again! A neighbor had said something about nylon bones, but I just can't see how that can be much safer. I googled them too and it's possible for the nylon to sliver and stick in their intestines. I'm thinking of a kong that I can fill with home made goodies for them instead, but will sure look into the bully bones! Your right!!! It's so hard to find in the USA on anything!!! I know they can get blockages from those things, I've heard of it happening and I watched them close and made sure to cut off the pieces that they had started trying to pull off, but they also can get wrapped around their gums UNDER their teeth! UGH! I read that today too! YIKES! I got to reading on the pupperoni package and guess who DISTRIBUTES the darn things???? DEL MONTE!! YES, THAT'S RIGHT! The same folks with the bad chicken products!! Pupperoni also has chiken parts in them and I could not find anywhere on the pckage just exactly WHERE they were made, so I'm betting good ole China!!! I will sure look into the bully bones, thanks so much!!!!
Evenflo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!