Thread: R.I.P Mckenzi
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Unlove R.I.P Mckenzi

It is with sadness in my heart as I write this....McKenzi was my Maine Coon boy...He was 19 yrs old...I noticed him going down hill several months ago....gotten very thin ...hard time walking up and down stairs...He was still eating and drinking,,although he slept alot he was still fine...never had pain....3 days ago he stopped using his litter box. He stopped eating he hard food and would only eat soft...what little he ate. He lost alot of weight although with all his fur you couldn't notice. He stopped pooping and I noticed a very large mass at the base of his tail...He was now in pain...He could barely walk. I had to bring his food and water to him....Once in a while he would venture into the kitchen to get a drink...he would wet on the floor while drinking. I knew that day had come for me to make that horrible decision...With no vet open on the weekend we made the trip this morning. The vet gave my boy a shot to make him very relaxed and sleepy....He laid his head in my hand and just looked into my eyes as if to say thank you...My husband and I stayed with him for 30 mins. We told him what a good boy he had been and how much we loved him and was going to miss him and how sorry we were that we had to do this...but, I think he knew it was time....the vet took him in the back and gave him his shot, within 2 mins he crossed rainbow bridge. I loved my McKenzi (loving called Bubba Boy) and I am going to miss him. I have 2 little furbutts that know something is different. I feel so empty and all I want to do is cry...This is the first animal I have ever had to do this for, my former husband used to take them while I sat home and cried....I can still see Bubs beautiful green eyes looking into mine.
I am going to miss you Bubba Boy....we love you
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!