View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
Xuanz
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy View Post
I don't know how to test for the sense of smell. With the First Peyton it was obvious that he couldn't see his food, but could smell it, and then it became obvious that he couldn't even smell it. I think it is one of those things that is just obvious.

Have you been with this vet long? Do you have a good history with them? Maybe you have a neighbor that is a good dog owner and you can ask about local vets that he/she recommends? Getting the video of the dog running sideways is great advice from Gemy. It might help your doctor to see it.

I am fortunate that there is an excellent Veterinary teaching hospital at Purdue University, which is just a little over an hour away. Maybe you could see if there is one local for you? The benefit for us was that he was able to be seen by the ER vet doctor, and then the neurologist the very next day because they are all in one location.

Please feel free to ask any questions. We are here to support and help you. It is probably not anything to be too worried about...but it is good that you are aware of it and are getting him seen so quickly.

Im sorry to hear about Peyton is he alright now.? and thank you for sharing your experiences. Ruffles is my first doggy. Ive never had a dog before so there are alot of things i do not know even though i did much research before i got Ruffles it seem that i still have much to learn.. Ive been with the vet since i got Ruffles which isnt long onli 2 visits to the vets so far.. My friend who has a yorkie also brings her yorkie to see this same vet.

The little one really stole my heart the first time i saw him. Now every little thing that happened to him can make my day or break my heart. I hope everything is well.. I hope im not overreacting.. I just wish that he can be healthy and happy...
Xuanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!