View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
Bitsy
Ultimate Banner!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanz View Post
Thanks again for all of the replies. I just called the vet's clinic and scheduled an appointment for tmr. When i call the clinic i think it was the nurse who picked up the call and she told me that it could just be a soft spot which will close up when his older and told me that it was not really necessary to go down and have a check. o.o But i insisted that i would like him checked.. Anyone thinks i should change a clinic or just see how it goes? his sense of hearing is pretty good because he will wake up at the slightest noises, and he can see pretty well. How do i test his sense of smell?
Is there any specific thing i should ask the vet or get her to check? Any other conditions that will be linked to this problem other than the hydrocephalus ?

Thank you again.
I don't know how to test for the sense of smell. With the First Peyton it was obvious that he couldn't see his food, but could smell it, and then it became obvious that he couldn't even smell it. I think it is one of those things that is just obvious.

Have you been with this vet long? Do you have a good history with them? Maybe you have a neighbor that is a good dog owner and you can ask about local vets that he/she recommends? Getting the video of the dog running sideways is great advice from Gemy. It might help your doctor to see it.

I am fortunate that there is an excellent Veterinary teaching hospital at Purdue University, which is just a little over an hour away. Maybe you could see if there is one local for you? The benefit for us was that he was able to be seen by the ER vet doctor, and then the neurologist the very next day because they are all in one location.

Please feel free to ask any questions. We are here to support and help you. It is probably not anything to be too worried about...but it is good that you are aware of it and are getting him seen so quickly.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!