View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajabj5 View Post
A couple of years ago I had a litter of yorkies and only had 2 left a boy and a girl. I was going to sell them but at the time I became sick. The boy Little Man would not leave me. He was constantly by my side and to this day has not left my side because I have not gotten back to where I was before all the sickness kicked in.

I found someone to take the little girl but no one wanted him and he was approaching 6 months old. My husband told to keep him that he would not make it somewhere else because he was to worried and concerned over me. I felt like I was doing him a diservice by not getting him with someone that was more able bodied that I was at the time.

He is still with me by my side constantly, sleeps with his head on my heart and never leaves me at night. During the day he is there not underfoot he knows I have difficulty moving around. He sits under my chair when I am hurting but will put his paws on my leg and tap me as if to ask me if I am ok. If I lay down due to the pain he is right there and will come up and give me a little kiss about every 10 minutes.

He is the best nurse ever and I have to say the best medicine too.
That is a truly wonderful story - I'm just so sorry, for your sake, for the circumstances. Thank goodness you have him

And yes, I'm sure dogs in general (and possibly all animals) can detect illness in humans. I can remember our labrador sniffing away at my dad's mouth (she didn't do that to anyone else). A while later he was diagnosed with diabetes - I think she could smell the change.

Brilliant in every way, aren't they?! Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!