View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Default What is a puppy mill?

Alright so I am doing a research paper for my vet tech class on puppy mills and could use some help.

I know what a puppy mill is and what it entails. I'm looking for some good sources to use for my paper (books, websites, videos) and perhaps any personal stories if you would like to share.

What are my chances of being able to go into a pet store and track a puppy to a puppy mill? It's been a long time since I've stepped foot into a pet store that sells puppies so I'm not sure on the protocol of them showing you the puppy's paperwork?

There are 2 pet stores nearby that sell puppies. I was wondering if I went in as a customer acting seriously interested in a puppy, would I be able to see the puppy's registration and could I track them back to a puppy mill by looking up the breeder on the registration.
I would really love to discourage or shut down the one pet store close by because their pups aren't taken care of very good and I just cringe and hate seeing them like that all the time.

Also anyone ever been to a dog auction? They have them around here but I've never been to one. I heard they are suppose to be pretty bad. They seem to be on the hush hush too so how would I get into one? Are there any chances of me being able to record one secretly?

I picked this topic because I really feel strongly about it and would love to see all these horrible places shut down. I live in a town filled with puppy mills but I've never been to one and probably couldn't get to one because they probably hide it pretty good. But I see the many adds in the paper that you can tell are either brokers (got a lot of those too) or from puppy mills.

Anyways I looking for as much info on the subject as possible and any stories or angles I can add to it.

Any help is appreciated!! I'm really wanting to do the auction thing and try to trace a puppy back to a puppy mill if either of those are possible.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!