Thread: teeth care
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Katie Scarlett is not fond of having her teeth brushed either, but she is getting better. We started from day 1 when we brought her home and we brush every night. I am trying to keep it in the routine. Right before her evening brushing, we brush teeth. I started out with letting her lick the toothpaste off the brush and she would chew at it on the toothbrush. I let her chew and kind of worked around with it in her mouth the best I could. This did not last long for us. She got to where she would lick it off and then that was it. So now my husband holds her and I gently hold her head facing me. She doesn't mind this at all, but opening her mouth is a different story. I usually have to just start with my brush and do the outsides of the teeth. She will fuss at it a bit, but then she finally gives in and lets me brush. I think being persistant is going to be the key for us. I hope I can get her to let me do it with her just sitting there. I don't use any pressure when I hold her head, I just direct her face in front of me. She does turn away from time to time, but I just keep directing her to me very gently and she finally gives in.

Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!