View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Teresa Ford
Therapy Yorkies Work
Donating Member

Laughing my butt off. I DISAGREE, I do think it is deliberate. not revenge or punishment but a message none the less.

POOP IS SPECIAL
It only takes a couple drops of pee to mark. But poop is more special, they can only do it when the feces are ready to be expelled. It is not a tiny pee message but, a big Poop statement 'this is my secret special place. You can break the cycle if you are willing to put in the time and effort. Pooping in the house in the least desirable places is fairly common. Dogs will poop on or near their humans favorite things, the people bed, sofa, recliner, new shoes etc.. And most do it in private. You can retrain, and end this behavior. Select a place were you want them to poo. Put doggie on leash and take them to the poop place. Every poop they do in the house must be taken to this spot with them on the leash. When you find a surprise in the house put doggie on leash show them the mistake and say in a very sad voice No, No, No, while shaking your head. Pick it up with a tissue and go right to the Poop spot. Put the poop down and say GOOD POOP ! ( Pottie , Busy or what ever you call it) Act all happy, you can even clap. Do not treat your dog unless he/she poops in the target area. Do not clean the poop area in front of the dog. The poop (to them) will just disappear. This will prompt them to mark the target with a fresh message. It usually takes 10 days to create a new habit. When they poop in the right area continue to treat, as long as you need to. I still treat my 8 year old every day.

Last edited by Teresa Ford; 11-20-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Teresa Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!