View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #75
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatzie
SoCal ~ With all due respect here, what are your intentions w/ having so much "breeder knowledge"? Are you thinking about breeding? I know you have said before you don't feel you could but you have been given so much information about breeding and I was just wondering what you plan on doing with it all? I'm maybe thinking you have possibly changed your mind?? (I normally don't dive into something unless I have intentions with what I'm going to be doing with all I've grasped on a subject. Interests are just a couple questions, but obsession or complete infatuation of a subject one could write a complete notebook of questions towards.)

I guess i ask this because I personally would for instance ask a ton of "dog show" questions if I felt I wanted to be showing dogs, but I'm not. Yes, I find dog shows interesting, would even love to go to some just to watch. But IMO I would find it a waste of time for many for me to sit and constantly ask questions about dog shows if I didn't plan on showing. Nor, IMO do I feel all my questions could be of much help/use to anybody else for that matter. But to ask breeding questions constantly I just have to wonder that's all? Again, no disrespect!

If you are planning on breeding their has got to be tons of books out there I bet might be of great use. Or even visiting your breeder friends often and visit while they tell you all the in's and out's of breeding, etc.

For those of us who are not "reputable breeders" we could possibly not truly understand what each of them go through 24/7. And I for one don't feel the need to. I just trust in my heart that they are seeing to it that the Yorkie Breed continues to shine and how they deserve our thanks/appreciation for their time, love, dedication, and commitment!
Thanks Schatzie for asking these questions - I've wondered that too as many others have....

I'm not a breeder either and usually enjoy reading the breeder section...but I learn from them...not them from me.... so I hardly post....I'd rather see them post about something that can really help someone rather than threads just geared for debates or ill feelings...It's one thing to have a friendly debate/discussion on a topic. It is another thing completely to purposely start them strictly for one's own enjoyment...

But I think most people are in this section to get help or LEARN and many posts recently seemed geared to something else...It's STILL fun reading - but just not the same....

Last edited by red98vett; 01-12-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!