View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
Namor
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Wound is not closing - feedback please

I posted back on October 7 when Deuce had a Lump under his right eye that appeared to be fluid filled. As it turned out we went to the vet two times, did two rounds of different antibiotics and the infection cleared up ( I thought we were done with this) but now it appears that the opening in the skin is not closing. It gets a scab but just gets larger and larger. It is not fluid filled and when the scab comes off (like in a bath) it is just still open about an 1/8"long. It is not inflamed but just not closing.

On the last visit to the vet when we did a second round of oral antibiotics, she told me to clean the wound three times a day and not let a scab form. In addition she had me apply a topical antibiotic to the wound for a week then let it scab. Wound has not closed.

Her suggestions at the last visit if it does not heal was that it may be a resistant bacteria of some sort, there may be a foreign object in there, or it still may be a back tooth problem (have not taken xray yet).

Course of action includes putting him under to clean out wound and see if something is in there and clean teeth while he is under and remove a baby tooth that appears to still be in the front. His teeth are not bad but I would think he will need a cleaning in another few years if I don't do it now and stay on an oral care program.

I hate putting him under but will do what I have to do to get this resolved. He is not in pain or any discomfort. Chews fine. Any other thoughts about this? Thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!