View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #67
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemom1970
I understand the risk involved in breeding. I have dealt with this exact topic in real life. I have lost my best friend due to my choice, not hers, to breed her. It has left an emotional scar on my heart that I will have to deal with the rest of my life. It all but made me throw in the towel and say "no more". But as I began to see things more clearly, I understood that throwing in the towel would leave me even more empty in the long run because it would be giving up on my dream. I really think that God threw me a curve ball for a reason.

As a breeder, what I went through as hard as it may be has actually taught me a valuable lesson for the continuation of my program. I am not perfect and I feel to this day that I made a mistake by not having an x-ray on that litter. I will always feel this way. I will never make that mistake again. If I were to ever lose another of my females due to a breeding, I would rest assured that I did all that I could. There is a risk anytime an amimal is bred. As breeders, we all understand this risk and we pray to not have to face it or see any of our fellow breeders have to go through it. All we can do is continue to strive and do what we love. If we didn't take that risk, I think our lives and the lives of many others would be really empty.
Robbie, don't you ever give up your dream and I speak for alot of us here whose
hearts were broken when yours was.

This is not directed at you Robbie. I was going to say more but instead I will bite
my tongue but it's really getting old.

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!