Thread: teeth care
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Jackson HATES his teeth being brushed. He is 3 years old and just had his first dental and I'd really like to avoid another for a long time if possible.

So all week, I've gotten him on a routine where I am training him to come into the bathroom with me every night. I've been making it a positive experience, bring some little treats in there, and I've gradually been re-introducing the toothbrush to him. The dentist told us we couldn't brush for two weeks (he had some other oral surgery as well) so I figured I'd take the two weeks to simply get him comfortable with the process.

So anyways, yes, first we started just going in the bathroom every night before last potty, now I've got him mouthing the toothbrush and he gets a click/treat. So bascially I'm desensitizing him, making in into a trick or command, and making it as fun as possible. I have faith that in another week he will allow me to give his teeth a good brushing! I also think when he sees me brushing my teeth also, it will make him want to (he's very intuitive like that, LOL).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!